We offer a user-friendly, low-maintenance, portable tincture press that can withstand all your home, school, and business needs. The simple press design consists of an eight-inch heavy duty C-clamp, a food-grade stainless steel piston and a 1-liter/1.25-quart food-grade stainless steel pot with reinforced bottom. This press is easy to clean and will maximize your yield.
Care and Maintenance
- Wash all parts thoroughly before initial use. Subsequently, most of the time you will only need to wash the piston and pot after each use.
- If you need to wash the clamp, make sure to lubricate the clamp's screw threads with food-grade oil. Run screw all the way in and out to prevent rusting.
Instructions for Use
- Pour off bulk of fluid from herbs
- Load herbs into pot
- Spread and tamp herbs evenly in pot
- Set piston on surface of herbs
- Insert clamp screw into piston sleeve
- Tighten clamp until snug
- Rest the clamp horizontally across a mixing bowl or a half-gallon measuring cup as the press continues to drain.
- Every few minutes, you will be able to tighten the clamp screw a little more and extract more fluid. Tightening the screw incrementally rather than all at once will extend the life of the clamp and may also yield more fluid.
- The key to getting the most fluid out of each batch is to allow a bit more time progressively between each cycle of tightening (e.g., tighten at 5 minutes, then 10 minutes, then 15 minutes, etc).
- Continue to tighten screw and drain until all fluid is extracted. This process will take half an hour to several hours depending on your herbs.
Two Year Limited Warranty
Organic Alcohol Company warranties pistons and pots against defects and breakage within the scope of the intended use for two years from purchase. Breakage due to dropping, use with a cheater bar, or any method not listed in these instructions is not covered under our warranty. Chipping of paint on the clamp is not included.